INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you use our Services, we may collect and use Personal Information about you as well as other information. More specifically, when you use our Services, we may collect the following information:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on the Services;
- When you purchase something from our Store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the Personal Information you give us such as your name, address email address, and billing information;
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason, including information you provide in emails to us.
A “cookie” is a small computer file that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. When you visit the website again, the cookie allows that website to recognize your browser. Cookies may store user preferences and other information. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Keep in mind, however, that some website features or services may not function properly without cookies.
A “pixel tag” is a type of technology placed on a website or within the body of an email for the purpose of tracking activity on websites, or when emails are opened or accessed, and is often used in combination with cookies.
DO NOT TRACK” REQUEST
Our Services currently do not respond to “do not track” or similar signals.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be used to administer our Services, including by monitoring and analyzing our Site and Store traffic and usage patterns. In addition, your information may be used for the following purposes:
- To present our Services and content to you;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To notify you about changes to our products or Services we offer;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features on our Services;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- With your permission, we may send you marketing emails about our Store, new products and other updates;
- For any other purpose with your consent;
To evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our consumers is among the assets transferred.
When you provide us with Personal Information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your Personal Information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at any time, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at: Ecovative, Attn: Legal Department, 70 Cohoes Ave., Suite 103, Green Island, NY, 12183, United States
We do not sell or rent Personal Information collected through the Services to anyone.
We may also disclose your Personal Information as follows:
- With contractors, service providers, and other third-parties we use to support our business;
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about the Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To enforce any agreement, including any applicable terms of service;
- To establish or exercise our right to defend against legal claims;
- To law enforcement and other government authorities such as legislatures, courts, agencies and litigants if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of governmental authorities; (b) comply with legal process; (c) respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) protect the security or integrity of the Services’ information systems; and/or (e) exercise or protect our rights, privacy, safety or those of affiliates, clients, you or others; and
- If we reasonably believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Forager or others.
THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
Our Services may contain links to other websites, including those of third parties or business partners. While we seek to link only to websites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we cannot be responsible for the privacy practices other websites use. By accessing other third-party websites or applications through our Services, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. It is possible that other parties may collect Personal Information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Services.
Our Store is hosted on Shopify. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your Personal Information is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service:
To protect your Personal Information, we take commercially reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. However, no data protection procedures are entirely infallible. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that it will be 100% secure. Your transmission of your data to our Website thus is done entirely at your own risk.
AGE OF CONSENT
By using the Services, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state. Province, or country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state, province, or country of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use our Services.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Ecov ative, Attn: Legal Department, 70 Cohoes Ave., Suite 103, Green Island, NY, 12183, United States.
Our Services are hosted and operated in the United States. Unless you have been informed otherwise, by using the Services, you are consenting to the transfer of your Personal Information to the United States. If you are accessing the Services from outside of the United States, please be advised that United States’ law may not offer the same privacy protections as the laws of your jurisdiction.
If our Store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
Attn: Legal Department
70 Cohoes Ave., Suite 103
Green Island, NY, 12183, United States